Thursday, July 27, 2017

Italian Cream Cheese Cake

This is one of our family's most favorite cakes. I normally bake it during the Holidays, but I had a request to make it yesterday. I have used this recipe for over 45 years and I think it is the best yet! The cake is very moist and  the icing is great. Oops....someone got a piece before I could post!! lol
Hope you enjoy!!




CAKE

1 stick of butter (softened)
1/2 cup crisco
2 cups of sugar
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups plain flour ( I use White Lily only)
5 egg yolks

1 t soda
1 t salt
1 cup coconut (I use the frozen)
1 t vanilla
5 egg whites (beat until stiff)

Cream butter and crisco, add sugar and eggs, then flour, milk, soda, salt and vanilla
Add coconut, and fold in egg whites,

Bake at 350 in 3 cake pans until golden brown 25-30 minutes ( may vary)

FROSTING

1 8oz cream cheese softened (room temp)
1/2 half stick butter (softened)
1 box powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
1 cup nuts and coconut

t= teaspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope and Sunset

Our hope is to be able to end each day in a beautiful way with a Grateful Heart. At the end of the day all we need is Hope, and strength to...