Friday, February 9, 2018

Happy Week-end...Enjoy with Sweetness!


Happy week-end and make it a sweet one!!

We are having Pizza since it is Pizza week and for dessert I am making a very "special chocolate sweet cake" that my family loves. It is quick and easy and I would like to share the recipe for you and your family. This is not a fancy looking cake, just a very moist delicious one. I have been making this since 1972 and I hope you enjoy as much as we have.

CHOCOLATE SWEET CAKE

Sift together:
2 cups sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon soda

combine:
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup water 
2 sticks butter (calls for margarine, I use butter)

Bring to boil and pour into dry mixture. Add cup of sour cream and mix. Add 2 eggs, one tab vanilla and mix thoroughly. Grease and flour sheet pan (9x12) 

ICING: 
1/2 cup milk 
1 stick butter
1 box confectioner sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope and Sunset

Our hope is to be able to end each day in a beautiful way with a Grateful Heart. At the end of the day all we need is Hope, and strength to...